Friday, July 23, 2010

Gracie at the Zoo

I will be traveling for work soon, so I took today off to spend it with my family! Pat, Pat's mom, Gracie, and I went to the Bronx Zoo today! It was a hot, muggy, and rainy day...but we had a great time nonetheless!

We spent a lot of time initially visiting the "World of Birds" (Grace loves birds). We saw a few birds cleaning themselves with their beaks. Gracie and I began to mimic them (it was really quite cute).

Then we strolled around and saw giraffes, ostriches, peacocks, alligators, ducks, geese, bison, owls, tamarin, etc. This picture was taken at the children's area of the zoo. Gracie had a blast there and made some friends too! She loves other kids...and there were plenty to meet here! And she was able to practice some animal noises--mimicking the rooster's cockadoodledoo, clucking and flapping her "wings" like a chicken, quacking like a duck. On our way out, we stopped by to see the sea lions--they were a big hit! Grace also imitated the sea lions' barking. We had to spend quite a bit of time there. And the 2 month old sea lion was especially cute!

All in all, we had a memorable time. I am going to miss my Gracie while away for work. But I am so glad I have this memory to take with me...and I am so eager to get back home to her smiling face (or grumpy face--I love all her faces!).

No comments: