Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stinky Diaper

This morning, while I was making breakfast, Grace was in her "kitchen" in the sitting room. As the eggs were cooking in my kitchen, I went to go check on Grace in hers. I started talking to her about what she was making, when I noticed she was edging away from me. She started walking around the other side of the coffee table. She wasn't doing it playfully, so I wondered why she wasn't engaging with me in her kitchen area. I continued to talk to her about her "cooking" and she continued to edge away.

Finally, I looked at her and asked what was wrong. She held her nose with her fingers, imitating what we do when she makes a "stinky" in her diaper. So I asked if she had a poopoo dipe. She said, "No!" I checked and didn't notice anything in her diaper. Less than a minute later, breakfast was ready and I started to put her in her chair. I stopped short when I noticed her diaper was loaded! I guess holding her nose was the sign that a "stinky" was in process and to give her some space!

Needless to say, Grace is a riot. She gives me something to smile about every day. I love that kid.

No comments: