Monday, December 1, 2008

Just Around the Corner

Well I am in my 36th week, that's 9 months pregnant. Wow, right? I am still completely overwhelmed by all that needs to get accomplished!

Thanksgiving was great. I spent it with Pat's family at his Aunt Sylvia's lovely home. My friend, Eun-mi, was also in town and joined us for our big dinner. It is really wonderful to have Pat's family so close.

My in-laws also threw Pat and I a baby shower on Saturday. I was surprised so many people attended, especially since it was Thanksgiving weekend. It was really nice to see so many friends and family members excited to welcome our little girl into the world.

With the Thanksgiving holiday, however, came some sadness. I miss my aunts that passed away at this time of year...and without being aware, I always find myself a little sadder come November time.

Now that December is here, I am really missing my family, too. Especially my mom, of course. I wish my mom were here. It's difficult to be experiencing such a major life event without my family near. They mean so much to me...and I have never celebrated a Christmas without them.

Hopefully my never ceasing to-do list will distract me enough!

Our final ultrasound will be this week. I can't wait to see her. Hopefully all is well and our daughter is in good health.

I am so grateful to have a wonderful husband...and I feel so lucky to have a little one on the way. And the tremendous love and support from our family and friends never ceases to amaze me. For those who take a look at our blog every now and again, realize how much you mean to us. Pat and I have been kept quite busy lately...and though you may not get many calls from us as often as we would like, know we think of you often. And we feel very thankful to have you in our lives.

- Shana

No comments: