Wednesday, September 9, 2009

On the Move


Grace is awesome. What more can I say? I always marvel at what she comes up with. Today, for example, Pat tells me that she was trying to pick up her pacifier, but kept grabbing some of the blanket accidentally, causing her to drop it. Finally, he said she simply leaned over, placed her mouth directly on the pacifier and solved her problem! In the early stages of crawling, I would try to encourage her to practice her movements by placing an object beyond her reach. Instead of crawling to it, she pulled the blanket the object was laying on towards her. Smart little one, right? She's always coming up with something new and unexpected.

She loves peekaboo. I will throw a cloth on my face and say, "Where's mommy?" She'll crawl over and pull the cloth off my face. I will put a cloth on Grace's face and say, "Where's Gracie?" She pulls the cloth off and smiles. I can duck down under a bed...she'll crawl over to see where I am. I can't pull one over on her. She always figures it out...and giggles like crazy over it!

I am crazy about that little girl. I get so excited to see her each morning and am eager to come home to her every night. She's the best!

I just got word that her Uncle Jim, Aunt Gretel, and cousins will be visiting in latter part of October! I can't wait! Grace will love seeing her cousins Jasper and Rose again! She hasn't seen them since June, and she is far more interactive now, so it will be interesting to see how they get along! We are all very excited!

No comments: