Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ouch!

Grace is going to be 2 months soon...and today she had her first vaccinations. She always takes doctors' visits well. However, she was NOT a happy camper when she had her vaccines. Her face went bright red and she opened her mouth wide in a silent cry. It was painful to see as her mama...but she was okay within 10 minutes. 

Grace is 22 1/2 inches now and weighs 9 lbs 14 oz, which is slightly underweight. She's healthy and raising her head like a pro when on her belly (though she still does NOT like belly time). 
 
Grace is smiling all the time now. She is also "talking" to us with coos and "gah"s. Sometimes she will be lying down making noises until she realizes no one is talking back to her. If she discovers her conversation is one-sided, she then becomes upset and makes her pre-cursor to a cry sound. I can't wait until she says her first words...she is eager to say them already I think!

Every day I look at her and cannot believe she is my daughter. I am so lucky...and so grateful. It warms my heart each time I see her face. 

- Shana


No comments: