Sunday, February 1, 2009

Grace is Growing

Grace is growing so quickly! She is cooing more and more and is more alert during the day. She has been sleeping for four hour stretches at night, waking up just once to eat. It would be nice if that continued...but one thing I have learned is babies are unpredictable. They like to keep you guessing as soon as you think you have things figured out!

In one week I return to work. I am really having a hard time with that. I have been crying every time I think of it because I don't want to leave Grace. I feel like I will miss out on too many firsts. I wish I had more time to spend with her. I hadn't realized how crazy about her I would be...even with all her crying and fussiness!

Grace's thrush is clearing up, but her gas issues linger. She's figuring it out, but we still have those rough days where she screams and screams. I continue to assure her that she will be a-tooting like a pro in no time!

The love I feel for my daughter is indescribable. I don't think I would have understood it before I was a mom, even if someone had the right words to explain it. I just feel very lucky to have her in my life. She's the best thing I ever created!

- Shana

No comments: