Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Grace's Summer

Sorry I have not kept this blog up-to-date! We've had a busy summer! Now that there are only a few weeks left before Grace's little sister is due to arrive, I have been in ultra nesting mode and have also kept busy trying to wrap up work. Meanwhile, I have had an energetic preschooler to entertain!

For much of the summer, Grace has spent time in PreK summer school and has had a blast. She's going to summer school where she will also go in the fall, so she is meeting her teachers and some classmates in advance. Luckily, she has loved it so far. She gets so excited about going to school--quite a change from last year! Thank goodness she has good teachers this time around!

Grace also spent the first two weeks of June at a gymnastics camp. She absolutely loved it. So much so, that she has continued to talk about the school ALL SUMMER. Now that I am about 3 weeks from my due date, I am growing more tired and more concerned about how Grace will be entertained. So, thankfully, my in-laws helped us send Grace to one more week of gymnastics camp. She is happily there now and enjoying a full day!

We also enrolled Grace in ballet classes. She has been asking to go to "ballet school" since she could talk--so for about 2 1/2 years! She's finally of age, so we decided to try it out. She also loved ballet. I think she is a born performer--she is so outgoing and very interested in "the stage." She loves to perform, loves to see herself on video performing, and she talks nonstop. Maybe a dancer, an actress, or a TV talk show host are possible futures? She also enjoys the "paparazzi"--she's a bit of a "ham."

On weekends, we do a lot together as a family. This past weekend, we went to a "Kids Day" event where they had a lot of activities for kids and some emergency vehicles that kids could explore. Grace thoroughly enjoyed herself--and the free lollipop she received. Check out the picture--can you tell what color her lollipop was?

All in all, we've kept busy! But boy am I worried about the time between now and the arrival of little sister. I don't know if I will have the energy to keep Grace entertained. And much of the summer activities for kids are winding down now. I will have to get creative!



No comments: