Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Look Who's Cooking Now!


Patrick and I bought Grace a red retro play kitchen! I have been eyeing kitchens for a while. You see, Grace joins me in the kitchen every morning as I make breakfast. She has her own tupperware containers and often digs through the cupboards to haul out a pan or two. She will go to our utensil drawer and get a spoon or spatula. As I cook, she will sit looking at recipe books or pretending to stir something in her tupperware, all the while saying to me, "Hot." She's been doing this a while and seems to be into imaginative play...so I was looking around for a kitchen of her own. I received a discount coupon for a website which sold a kitchen I was interested in...and, well, ended up purchasing a kitchen for Grace a bit sooner than planned. It's a pretty cool kitchen (see for yourself!) and Grace seems to really love it!

We bought a few play food sets to go with it. The other day, while I was in my kitchen, she was in her own. As I was cooking, Grace walked up to me with her pot in her hand, her toy spatula in the other and said, "Look." So, I did. She had an assortment of play food inside the pot and she was stirring. I "tasted" her meal, and she happily tasted it too, then returned to her kitchen to put the final touches on her dish! She's a happy camper! And loves the sink in her kitchen especially. She says, "hands" and places her hands under the faucet to "wash" them. It's so darn cute.

No comments: