Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Case of the Missing Lambie

So Grace's best friend is a plush lamb that we call Lambie. She loves Lambie. Sleeps with Lambie every night. She wakes up and talks to Lambie until I pick her up out of her crib. She cuddles Lambie and gives Lambie kisses. Her face lights up when she sees Lambie. A week ago Lambie disappeared.

Lambie was last seen on Wednesday, March 17th. We have searched high and low for that lamb. Both Pat and I have checked under the couch, under the bed, under the crib, in bins, behind cabinets, in the laundry basket...no luck. No Lambie.

There was a Lambie sighting reported at Grace's Abuelita's house, but after investigating the matter, it was a case of mistaken identity. Lambie is still missing one week later. I am afraid the prospects are not good. When a missing lamb is gone this long...well, let's just say we hope Lambie found a good farm.

Apparently Lambie is worth a lot of money. I checked for a Lambie replacement and found they ran $50. I did come across a used one and ordered it for a fraction of that cost. Hopefully it will be in good shape and Grace can find happiness in Lambie's twin. : ( I realize that she may very well decide she prefers another animal...and ordering Lambie would have been futile. But. I remember that her face lit up every time she saw Lambie...and I can't help it. It's the first toy she's ever been attached to...so if not for her, then it will be for my own sentimentality. Hopefully we'll find the original, but if not, I hope new Lambie finds a place in Grace's heart.

No comments: